Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Give Up Toothpaste? My Trip to the Dentist Today

I visited the dentist today for the first time in ....gosh about 3 or 4 years.

Now, this is not an example of frugality....so much as poor organization. I've made 2 international moves in the last couple of years. New homes, new schools, new jobs, new pediatricians, new Internet service provider. You get the idea.

The dentist wasn't something I had gotten around to organizing.

But now my daughter has started losing her teeth. And the new ones are coming in.

And yup, she's gonna need braces.

So I figured it was time.

A trip to the dentist here in Buenos Aires, with teeth cleaning, and flouride treatment runs less than $50.00. My dentist has office hours only 3 days a week. The other two she teaches dentistry at the local university. I'm not sure if that means she's a good dentist....but it makes me feel like she is.

I posted last week that I've started brushing with baking soda instead of toothpaste. My teeth are feeling cleaner that they have in years.

I waited to see if she'd make any comment. I was a little embarrassed to tell her how long it had been since I'd been to a dentist. She told me my teeth look great.

So far so good.

2 comments:

  1. I use baking soda all the time, or old-fashioned tooth powder, and no one can tell the difference! As an added tip, a little bit of cinnamon or clove oil can help with a toothache. You made me realize how long it's been since I've been to the dentist. There is just no way not to dread that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post.! como cocer pulpo

    ReplyDelete