Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Movies, books and Music all for FREE

When people talk, these days about downloading music or movies for free, they are often referring to sites like Pirate Bay, where people copy and post media, often in contravention of copyright laws.

When you download from there, you often also risk infecting your computer with viruses.

As an alternative, how about rediscovering the library?

Get to Know Your Local Library

I grew up in a community with a library close by.  Always lived within walking distance of the library.  When considering moving to a new neighborhood, it was one of the first things I looked for...neighborhood pub, a good bakery...a library I could walk to.

it's one of my favourite hangouts. 

They have books, magazines, cds, dvds, cassette tapes, music, movies.  Every kind of entertainment I could hope to put my fingers on.  All free.

If you're looking for a way to enrich your life without spending a lot, I recommend you rediscover the library.

Most libraries have their collections available to search online, so you can find and reserve your books before going down there.  

But for me part of the excitement is just heading down and wandering the stacks to see what catches my interest.  If a book I'm looking for isn't in, they'll usually bring it to my branch free of charge, and even call to tell me when it's arrived.

Many now even offer audiobooks for download from home.  So if I'm travelling, I don't need to take the books with me or plan ahead.  I can just go online and make my choices, download and listen to them on my computer.  All free of charge.

Where else could you hope to get that kind of service?




No comments:

Post a Comment